Father’s Day is right around the corner! Struggling to think of something fun to do with dad? We’ve put together a list of fun things to do right here in Columbia to help you out!
Grab your fishing poles and some snacks, and head outside to enjoy some quality time with your dad!
- Finger Lakes State Park, 1505 E. Peabody Rd.
- Cosmo-Bethel Park, 4500 Bethel St.
- Twin Lakes, 2500 Chapel Hill Rd.
- Stephens Lake Park, 2001 E. Broadway
- Philips Lake, 5050 Bristol Lake Pkwy.
- Nifong Park, 2900 E. Nifong Blvd.
Don’t forget your fishing license! Find more information on fishing in city parks on Parks and Rec’s website.
Columbia Star Dinner Train:
For Father’s Day, dads ride half price! Eat lunch while enjoying the scenery pass by. Train departs at 1:00 PM. Find more information about the diner train here.
Treat dad to a round of golf at one of these Columbia courses:
- L.A. Nickell, 1800 Parkside Dr.
- Lake of the Woods, 6700 St. Charles Rd.
- Perche Creek, 5500 W. Van Horn Tavern Rd. – also check out their mini-golf, go karts, and batting cages
Bowling and more:
Hit the bowling alley or play a game of laser tag!
- AMF Town & Country Lanes, 1508 N. Providence, 573-442-4729 – Open noon-midnight Sat-Sun
- Lazer Lanes, 3412 Grindstone Pkwy., 573-447-6021 – Sat: 10 AM-Midnight, Sun: Noon-10 PM
WingStock and carnival:
For the biker dad! Check out Harley Davidson, 5704 Freedom Dr., on Saturday for a full-size carnival and the annual WingStock event, including a wing contest, live music, beer garden, and more!
Choose from one of these “guy-friendly” movies in theaters now:
- A Million Ways to Die in the West
- Edge of Tomorrow
- X-Men: Days of Future Past
- How to Train Your Dragon 2
- 22 Jump Street
Goodrich Forum 8, 1209 Forum Katy Pkwy.
Regal Stadium 14, 2800 Goodwin Pointe Dr.
Explore these parks and trails, and maybe even pack a picnic basket for lunch!
- Rock Bridge Memorial State Park, 5901 Hwy 163
- Capen Park, 1600 Capen Park Dr.
- The Pinnacles, E. Pinnacles Rd, off of N Hwy 63
- Katy Trail
Father’s Day Brunch:
The restaurants below feature a Sunday brunch or breakfast buffet, perfect for Father’s Day!
- 44 Stone Public House, 3910 Peachtree Dr., 573-443-2726 – open at 10:30 AM
- Broadway Brewery, 816 E. Broadway, 573-443-2742 – open at 10:30 AM
- Cracker Barrel, 3304 Clark Ln., 573-474-9977 – open at 6:00 AM
- Sophia’s, 3915 S. Providence, 573-874-8009 – open at 10:00 AM
- Truman’s Bar & Grill, 3304 W. Broadway Business Park Ct., 573-445-1669 – breakfast buffet 9:00 AM
- The Heidelberg, 410 S. 9th St., 573-449-6927 – brunch buffet 10:00 AM
- Sports Zone, 2200 I-70 Dr. SW, 573-445-8383 – open at 6:00 AM
- Trey Bistro, 21 N. 9th St., 573-777-8654 – open at 10:00 AM
- Glenn’s Cafe, 29 S. 8th St., 573-447-7100 – open at 10:30 AM
We hope you have a very happy Father’s Day!