Earlier this week, we gave you some great ideas for hitting the road (ok, trails) on your next visit to Columbia. Our city is known for its fantastic parks and trails system, but there are also plenty of nearby Missouri State Parks, many with exciting and unexpected adventures waiting to be had!
Check out these activities…all an hour or way less from Columbia!
- Rev your engine and explore the 10-acre motocross track at opens in a new windowFinger Lakes State Park.
- Explore the shady serenity of the opens in a new windowJewell Cemetery State Historic Site.
- Step back in time and check out the beauty and architecture of the village of opens in a new windowArrow Rock.
- Take a hike and learn about one of Missouri’s first industries at the opens in a new windowBoone’s Lick State Historic Site.
- Chill out in caves, hike wood-planked trails and enjoy the scenic environment of opens in a new windowRock Bridge Memorial State Park.