Welcome, Sports Planners! Why should you bring your event to Columbia?
- Is centrally located in the heart of mid-Missouri, with Interstate 70 providing an easy route to both Kansas City and St. Louis.
- Offers big-city amenities with small-town friendliness and convenience.
- Boasts an array of hotel options, a dynamic restaurant community and fantastic shopping.
- Has sporting venues located throughout the city, which is quick to traverse and easy to navigate.
- Is home to beautifully maintained soccer fields, pristine golf courses and scenic trails. Columbia’s sporting facilities enable the city to host high performance events year-round.
How can the CVB help you?
The Columbia Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) is excited to work with you to make sure your sporting event is a success, and we offer a variety of services to make that happen. Some of these options may include securing room blocks for teams and fans or matching your event with the proper facility and contact in charge.
The CVB also has a Sports Development Fund (SDF). This fund is part of the Tourism Development Program, which provides financial support for festivals, sporting events, and attractions that attract visitors from outside the local market and have sustainability to increase overnight stays in area hotels.
Columbia has a proven track record of hosting successful events:
- Special Olympics Summer Games
- Missouri Grand Prix Swimming Championships
- Little League Baseball Senior League Regional Tournament
- Show Me State Games
- Go Girl Run Half Marathon & 5K
- USSSA All Star State Softball Tournament
- Tiger Classic Youth Basketball
- USSSA Baseball 14 & Under AA State Championships
- PGA Missouri Open
- NAIA Volleyball National Championship
- USTA Youth Tennis Tournament
- Hockman’s ATA Martial Arts Tournament
For more information on the Sports Development Fund, please contact:
573-441-5573 or Julie.Ausmus@CoMo.gov