Work hard AND play hard in Columbia! Check out how your meeting can be better here in CoMo:
Columbia is located halfway between Kansas City and St. Louis on Interstate 70 and is 30 minutes from Missouri’s state Capitol, Jefferson City. Our central location means higher attendance for your meetings.
Columbia is easy to navigate with relatively low traffic and plenty of parking. If your attendees prefer not to drive, we have a variety of taxi companies and a convenient public transit system, opens in a new windowCOMO Connect, to take them wherever they need to go.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau is here to help your Columbia meeting run smoothly. Here are some things we can do for you:
- Arrange site visits of meeting spaces and hotels
- Assist with date selection to avoid conflicts with other events
- Obtain proposals and room blocks from hotels
- Identify group-friendly opens in a new windowrestaurants
- Assist with choice of event venue, speakers, opens in a new windowentertainment and more
- Provide a welcoming complimentary services package customized to meet the needs of the group
- Help arrange opens in a new windowtransportation for off-site events
- Assist with press release distribution as well as promotion on our website and social media
With 36 hotels representing more than 3600 rooms, our opens in a new windowlodging options and meeting spaces can accommodate any budget and are typically priced lower than larger cities.
Our unique blend of small town and big city offers a small-town feel and friendliness with big-city service and amenities – more than 200 opens in a new windowrestaurants (many of them uniquely local), shopping, galleries, entertainment, and more. You can almost always find live music playing in opens in a new windowThe District, where you can also catch a opens in a new windowcomedy show, an independent film, and sample local beer.
Free-time activities: Make your attendees say “that was the best conference ever!”
- Grab a cup of homemade ice cream at opens in a new windowSparky’s (alcoholic flavors included)
- Listen to live music at opens in a new windowThe Blue Note or opens in a new windowRose Music Hall
- Shop for local gifts and products at opens in a new windowPoppy or opens in a new windowThe Candy Factory
- Explore caves and trails at opens in a new windowRock Bridge Memorial State Park
- Choose from locally brewed beers at opens in a new windowFlat Branch or opens in a new windowLogboat Brewing Co.
- Snap a photo at opens in a new windowThe Columns, Columbia’s most-photographed spot, and wander through Mizzou’s opens in a new windowBotanic Garden
- Have a slice at opens in a new windowShakespeare’s Pizza, named “Best College Hangout” in the nation by Good Morning America
- Take a look through current exhibits at opens in a new windowSager | Braudis Gallery and Stephens College’s Historic opens in a new windowCostume Gallery
- Catch an independent film at opens in a new windowRagtag Cinema – on a couch, with a beer!
- Sample Missouri wines at opens in a new windowLes Bourgeois Vineyards
Are you ready to start planning your CoMo meeting? Request a meeting proposal .