Work hard AND play hard in Columbia! Check out how your meeting can be better here in CoMo:
Columbia is located halfway between Kansas City and St. Louis on Interstate 70 and is 30 minutes from Missouri’s state Capitol, Jefferson City. Our central location means higher attendance for your meetings.
Columbia is easy to navigate with relatively low traffic and plenty of parking. If your attendees prefer not to drive, we have a variety of taxi companies and a convenient public transit system, COMO Connect, to take them wherever they need to go.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau is here to help your Columbia meeting run smoothly. Here are some things we can do for you:
- Arrange site visits of meeting spaces and hotels
- Assist with date selection to avoid conflicts with other events
- Obtain proposals and room blocks from hotels
- Identify group-friendly restaurants
- Assist with choice of event venue, speakers, entertainment and more
- Provide a welcoming complimentary services package customized to meet the needs of the group
- Help arrange transportation for off-site events
- Assist with press release distribution as well as promotion on our website and social media
With 36 hotels representing more than 3600 rooms, our lodging options and meeting spaces can accommodate any budget and are typically priced lower than larger cities.
Our unique blend of small town and big city offers a small-town feel and friendliness with big-city service and amenities – more than 200 restaurants (many of them uniquely local), shopping, galleries, entertainment, and more. You can almost always find live music playing in The District, where you can also catch an independent film, hop on the MKT Trail, and sample local beer.
Free-time activities: Make your attendees say “that was the best conference ever!”
- Grab a cup of homemade ice cream at Sparky’s (alcoholic flavors included)
- Listen to live music at The Blue Note or Rose Music Hall
- Shop for local gifts and products at Poppy or The Candy Factory
- Explore caves and trails at Rock Bridge Memorial State Park
- Choose from locally brewed beers at Flat Branch or Logboat Brewing Co.
- Snap a photo at The Columns, Columbia’s most-photographed spot, and wander through Mizzou’s Botanic Garden
- Have a slice at Shakespeare’s Pizza, named “Best College Hangout” in the nation by Good Morning America
- Take a look through current exhibits at Sager | Braudis Gallery and Stephens College’s Historic Costume Gallery
- Catch an independent film at Ragtag Cinema – on a couch, with a beer!
- Sample Missouri wines at Les Bourgeois Vineyards
Are you ready to start planning your CoMo meeting? Request a meeting proposal here.