Work hard AND play hard in Columbia! Check out how your meeting can be better here in CoMo:
Columbia is located halfway between Kansas City and St. Louis on Interstate 70 and is 30 minutes from Missouri’s state Capitol, Jefferson City. Our central location means higher attendance for your meetings.
Columbia is easy to navigate with relatively low traffic and plenty of parking. If your attendees prefer not to drive, we have a variety of taxi companies and a convenient public transit system, COMO Connectopens in a new window, to take them wherever they need to go.
The Convention and Visitors Bureau is here to help your Columbia meeting run smoothly. Here are some things we can do for you:
- Arrange site visits of meeting spaces and hotels
- Assist with date selection to avoid conflicts with other events
- Obtain proposals and room blocks from hotels
- Identify group-friendly restaurantsopens in a new window
- Assist with choice of event venue, speakers, entertainmentopens in a new window and more
- Provide a welcoming complimentary services package customized to meet the needs of the group
- Help arrange transportationopens in a new window for off-site events
- Assist with press release distribution as well as promotion on our website and social media
With 36 hotels representing more than 3600 rooms, our lodging optionsopens in a new window and meeting spaces can accommodate any budget and are typically priced lower than larger cities.
Our unique blend of small town and big city offers a small-town feel and friendliness with big-city service and amenities – more than 200 restaurantsopens in a new window (many of them uniquely local), shopping, galleries, entertainment, and more. You can almost always find live music playing in The Districtopens in a new window, where you can also catch an independent film, hop on the MKT Trailopens in a new window, and sample local beer.
Free-time activities: Make your attendees say “that was the best conference ever!”
- Grab a cup of homemade ice cream at Sparky’sopens in a new window (alcoholic flavors included)
- Listen to live music at The Blue Noteopens in a new window or Rose Music Hallopens in a new window
- Shop for local gifts and products at Poppyopens in a new window or The Candy Factoryopens in a new window
- Explore caves and trails at Rock Bridge Memorial State Parkopens in a new window
- Choose from locally brewed beers at Flat Branchopens in a new window or Logboat Brewing Co.opens in a new window
- Snap a photo at The Columnsopens in a new window, Columbia’s most-photographed spot, and wander through Mizzou’s Botanic Gardenopens in a new window
- Have a slice at Shakespeare’s Pizzaopens in a new window, named “Best College Hangout” in the nation by Good Morning America
- Take a look through current exhibits at Sager | Braudis Galleryopens in a new window and Stephens College’s Historic Costume Galleryopens in a new window
- Catch an independent film at Ragtag Cinemaopens in a new window – on a couch, with a beer!
- Sample Missouri wines at Les Bourgeois Vineyardsopens in a new window
Are you ready to start planning your CoMo meeting? Request a meeting proposal hereopens in a new window.