Valentine’s Day is Saturday – are you ready? We’ve put together some ideas on what to eat, what to do, and what to give for your special day in CoMo.
What to eat
- $79 Valentine’s Day package
- Enjoy choice of one appetizer, two entrees, one dessert, two glasses of champagne OR any wine by the glass
- Full menu offered all night
- Couple’s Dinner ($75) – 3 course dinner with wine or cocktail; regular menu also available with daily special
- Special Chef’s Table ($250/person) – 6 course dinner with wine pairings with Executive Chef Jeff Guinn and Chef d’Cuisine Ben Randolph – inquire in advance for the chef’s table
- 7 course dinner and champagne pairing – 4 PM ($49/person), 6 PM and 8 PM ($59/person)
- See the menu here
- Aphrodisiac menu available Friday-Sunday for Valentine’s Day (this will be the only menu available on Saturday while full dinner menu will be available on Friday and Sunday)
- Feature menu available Friday and Saturday – “Dinner for Two” with dessert of truffles, chocolate covered strawberries, nutella tart, and house-made fortune cookies
- See the full menu and dessert menu here
- Feel like a nice dinner at home? Pick up Hoss’s Steak and Lobster dinner for two ($79.95) along with some chocolate covered strawberries – all you have to do is call and reserve your pick-up time
What to do
- Looking for a family-friendly Valentine activity? The Canvas offers paintings at 10 AM and 2 PM on Saturday (the 2 PM painting is pictured here)
- Valentine’s Couple’s Package – $25 for 2 comedy tickets to any show Friday or Saturday to see “The Office’s” Mike E. Winfield, preferred VIP seating, two free drink tickets, free champagne toast after the show, and a free comedy pass to a future show
- Shows at 8 and 10 PM, Friday and Saturday
- A great choice if you’d like to include the young ones in your Valentine’s Day plans – take the kiddos to see Sid the Science Kid at Missouri Theatre on Saturday (2 PM).
Check out our What’s Going On newsletter to see what else is going on this weekend.
What to give
- Jewelry, cards, and paper flowers are just a few of the options you can find at Poppy, along with gifts for your “Gal-entines.”
(necklace by Stephanie Thompson for Sailor Pie Studio)
- Support MU’s own Tiger Garden and pick out a teddy bear, candy, and roses (or orchids!) for your sweetheart.
- Find all kinds of unique gifts for Valentine’s Day at Mustard Seed Fair Trade – scarves, jewelry, chocolate, and more.
- It’s a little chilly now but why not offer to take your loved one on a camping trip when it warms up? The Alpine shop has everything you need from tents and sleeping bags to cooking supplies and games.
- Maybe Valentine’s Day and romantic gifts aren’t your thing… that’s perfectly fine, you can always go for a growler or 2 from Flat Branch!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Show us your local gifts and dinner by tagging photos with #ColumbiaMO.