Valentine’s Day is Saturday – are you ready? We’ve put together some ideas on what to eat, what to do, and what to give for your special day in CoMo.
What to eat
- $79 Valentine’s Day package
- Enjoy choice of one appetizer, two entrees, one dessert, two glasses of champagne OR any wine by the glass
- Full menu offered all night
- Couple’s Dinner ($75) – 3 course dinner with wine or cocktail; regular menu also available with daily special
- Special Chef’s Table ($250/person) – 6 course dinner with wine pairings with Executive Chef Jeff Guinn and Chef d’Cuisine Ben Randolph – inquire in advance for the chef’s table
- 7 course dinner and champagne pairing – 4 PM ($49/person), 6 PM and 8 PM ($59/person)
- See the menu hereopens in a new window
- Aphrodisiac menu available Friday-Sunday for Valentine’s Day (this will be the only menu available on Saturday while full dinner menu will be available on Friday and Sunday)
- Feature menu available Friday and Saturday – “Dinner for Two” with dessert of truffles, chocolate covered strawberries, nutella tart, and house-made fortune cookies
- See the full menu and dessert menu hereopens in a new window
- Feel like a nice dinner at home? Pick up Hoss’s Steak and Lobster dinner for two ($79.95) along with some chocolate covered strawberries – all you have to do is call and reserve your pick-up time
What to do
- Looking for a family-friendly Valentine activity? The Canvas offers paintings at 10 AM and 2 PM on Saturday (the 2 PM painting is pictured here)
- Valentine’s Couple’s Package – $25 for 2 comedy tickets to any show Friday or Saturday to see “The Office’s” Mike E. Winfield, preferred VIP seating, two free drink tickets, free champagne toast after the show, and a free comedy pass to a future show
- Shows at 8 and 10 PM, Friday and Saturday
- A great choice if you’d like to include the young ones in your Valentine’s Day plans – take the kiddos to see Sid the Science Kid at Missouri Theatre on Saturday (2 PM).
Check out our What’s Going On newsletteropens in a new window to see what else is going on this weekend.
What to give
- Jewelry, cards, and paper flowers are just a few of the options you can find at Poppy, along with gifts for your “Gal-entines.”opens in a new window
(necklace by Stephanie Thompson for Sailor Pie Studio)
- Support MU’s own Tiger Garden and pick out a teddy bear, candy, and roses (or orchids!) for your sweetheart.
- Find all kinds of unique gifts for Valentine’s Day at Mustard Seed Fair Trade – scarves, jewelry, chocolate, and more.
- It’s a little chilly now but why not offer to take your loved one on a camping trip when it warms up? The Alpine shop has everything you need from tents and sleeping bags to cooking supplies and games.
- Maybe Valentine’s Day and romantic gifts aren’t your thing… that’s perfectly fine, you can always go for a growler or 2 from Flat Branch!
Happy Valentine’s Day! Show us your local gifts and dinner by tagging photos with #ColumbiaMO.