It’s finally time!
This Friday and Saturday, downtown Columbia will be transformed as the opens in a new windowRoots ‘n Blues ‘n BBQ Festival takes over! Whether it’s your first time at the festival or you’ve been coming since the beginning, Roots ‘n Blues has something new to offer each year. Here’s a few things to not miss at this year’s festival…
- Take a stroll through BBQ village, where competitors set up early and stay up late. The smell alone is reason enough to check out these festive folks.
- Were you at the opens in a new windowTrue/False Film Festival this year? Did you love ‘Searching for Sugarman?’ Then don’t miss your chance to see Rodriguez live at Roots ‘n Blues! He’ll be performance on the MO Lottery Stage at Peace Park Friday evening.
- Take the time to look down as you wander the festival. This year, festival organizers partnered with local artists to create stunning storm drain art to raise awareness for what litter does to our water system.
- Singing for a Cause. As a park of the Blues in the Schools program, a resident artist visits local schools to teach them the importance of music each year. This year, TJ Wheeler will be performing with those very students at the free stage in Flat Branch Park on Saturday morning.
- Give a Cheer. Have a few spare minutes Saturday morning? Head down to Flat Branch Park to cheer on the racers as they finish their 10K and Half Marathon. Sure they’ve gotten to experience a beautiful course, listen to music and get free barbeque, but they’ve also been running. Who knows, maybe they’ll share their BBQ with you.
- Al Green. Enough said.
A few last things: