Columbia is full of sporting activity during the summer! Whether you’re in Columbia for a baseball tournament, a swim meet or the Show-Me State Games, here are a few tips to make your summer visit a success.
Keep Cool! Indoor Activities
A few spots to cool down and have fun in between games.
Columbia Mall: I-70 and Stadium Blvd., 573.445.9458
Going Bonkers: 3812 Buttonwood Drive, 573.499.0366
Goodrich Forum 8 Theaters: 1209 Forum Katy Pkwy., 573.445.7469
Hollywood Theaters: 2800 Goodwin Pointe Dr., 573.817.0770
Columbia Public Library: 100 West Broadway, 573.443.6027
Lazer Lanes: 3412 Grindstone Parkway, 573.447.6021
The ARC: 1701 West Ash, 573.874.7700
Need to stock up on sports drinks, bandages and other necessities? Here you go!
1201 Grindstone Parkway, 573.449.0815
3001 W. Broadway, 573.445.9506
415 Conley Road, 573.499.4935
Kohls: 1010 East Green Meadows, 573.256.1188
3100 West Broadway, 573.447.0133
25 Conley Road, 573.442.7703
405 East Nifong, 573.442.8616
Schnucks Supermarket: 1400 Forum Blvd., 573.446.2800
1729 West Broadway, 573.445.9518
205 East Nifong, 573.874.2939
2900 Paris Road, 573.474.9418
Family Friendly Dining
Round up the whole team and have a celebratory meal!
Bengal’s Bar & Grill: 227 S. 6th Street, 573.875.2337
La Siesta: 27 N. 9th Street, 573.449.8788
The Rome: 38 N. 8th Street, 573.876.2703
Shakespeare’s Pizza: 225 S. 9th Street, 573.449.2454
Shiloh Bar & Grill: 402 E. Broadway, 573.875.1800
Buckingham Bar-B-Q: 3804 Buttonwood Dr., 573.499.1490
G&D Pizza-Steak: 2101 West Broadway, 573.445.8336
McAlister’s Deli: 1205 Grindstone Parkway, 573.256.7783
Houlihan’s: 2641 Broadway Bluff Drive, 573.815.7210
Steak ‘n Shake: 3004 Clark Lane & 1912 West Worley
Gumby’s: 1201 East Broadway, 573.874.8629
A Few Last Tips
Easy reminders for anytime you travel!
- Always lock your vehicle. Even if you are “just going inside for a minute”. It only takes a thief a few seconds to grab your stuff!
- Make your vehicle as unattractive of a target as possible by taking all valuables inside or locking them in a trunk/out of sight. Don’t forget that things like phone chargers and computer cords are clues to a thief of what might be inside.
- Park in a well lit area if possible.
- Record the serial numbers to electronic items, firearms etc. and keep the list in a secure location such as a safety deposit box or in an email to yourself.
- Consider marking personal items of value such as iPods and cameras with a distinct marking only you know about.
- Don’t hide spare keys outside your vehicle.