|When:||01/30/2019 - 01/31/2019 (All Day)|
|Where:||Bond Life Sciences Center, University of Missouri- Columbia
|Contact:|| Gregory Ormsby Mori
The 10th Annual UMCA Agroforestry Symposium scheduled for Wednesday, January 30th ( 5:30-8:00pm) and Thursday, January 31st (8:00am – 6:00pm), 2019 and will be held at the Bond Life Sciences Center on the University of Missouri campus in Columbia, MO.
The theme for this year’s event is:
“Innovation to to Entrepreneurship: Fostering a Culture of Research Translation”
Notable speakers on the program include:
• Dr. Kelly Sexton, Associate Vice President for Research – Technology Transfer and Innovation Partnerships for the University of Michigan
• Dr. Rodolphe Barrangou, Associate Professor of Food Science and the Todd R. Klaenhammer Distinguished Scholar in Probiotics Research at North Carolina State University.
• Dr. Christopher Daubert, Vice Chancellor and Dean, College of Food Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Missouri
• Bill Turpin, CEO, Missouri Innovation Center and Interim Associate Vice Chancellor for Economic Development at the University of Missouri
• Dr. Namrita Lall, Professor of Plant Science, University of Pretoria
• Dr. Katie Thompson, CEO and Co-founder, Elemental Enzymes
• Dr. Chung Ho Lin, Associate Research Professor, Center for Agroforestry, University of Missouri
• Matthew Wood, CEO and Founder of Probiotic Holdings, LLC
The 2019 Symposium will also feature panel discussions on themes of entrepreneurship, translation of research and building effective university-industry partnerships, a poster session, closing reception and an exhibit hall showcasing examples of successful entrepreneurship and commercial development emerging from both MU research and collaborations from around Missouri.
The event is free and open to the public, but advance registration is requested. Please register to attend at: goo.gl/iywnii
Not able to attend in person? Join us via livestream! Details at: goo.gl/qtzbZa
More information about the 2019 UMCA Agroforestry Symposium can be found in the at the following link: http://www.centerforagroforestry.org/events/symposia.php