Welcome, Columbia Tourism Ambassadors! Thank you for helping us give our CoMo visitors the best experience possible. Below, find information on upcoming classes, how to renew, volunteer opportunities, and networking events.
June 23rd, 8:30 AM
August 17th, 12:30 PM
Please spread the word and let friends and co-workers know how (and why) they can become a CTA.
7:00am-12:00pm Packet Pick Up 4 volunteers needed
7:30am-1:00pm Course Support 20 volunteers needed
8:30am-1:00pm Course Support 11 volunteers needed
9:30am-1:00pm Course Support 8 volunteers needed
7:30am-1:00pm Aid Station #1 3-5 volunteers needed
8:30am-1:00pm Aid Station #2 3-5 volunteers needed
8:00am-1:00pm Finish Line 6 volunteers needed
- Packet Pick Up volunteers help with handing out materials (t-shirt, bib, Splat bag and wristband)
- Course Support volunteers assist at the obstacles on the course helping to ensure the kids are being safe, adults are not on obstacles and communicate with event director on any concerns. These volunteers need to be able to stand for long periods of time, walk 3/4 of a mile and be OK with getting muddy.
- Aid Station volunteers give out water to the kids as the complete the course.
- Finish Line volunteers give water and finisher medals to the kids as they cross the finish.
HOW TO RECORD POINTS FOR RENEWAL
It is important to login to your account at CTANetwork.com so that you can keep your profile and points up-to-date. If you need your login information, please contact Julie Ausmus. Here is a rundown of how to get points:
- Visit an attraction (10 points each) – find a list of qualifying attractions under “Record my points”
- Read books, articles, or reports (5 points each) – suggested readings can be found on “MyCTA Portal,” and newsletters and Columbia blogs count as well
- Attend CTA Networking events and activities (5 points each)
- Volunteering (5 points each) – qualifying activities include working at festivals and visitor centers as well as other visitor/tourism-related events and locations
- Attending educational programs (5 points each) – qualifying activities include participating in educational programs, seminars/webinars and CTA Online Learning as well as programs related to visitors, travel or tourism sponsored by the Columbia Convention & Visitors Bureau, your local CVB, Chamber of Commerce, a college/university, a professional membership organization (MPI, PCMA, HSMAI, ASAE, NACE, etc.) or other sponsor
50 points and a renewal fee are required for CTA renewal. Your MyCTA Portal will let you know when your deadline is to renew. Let us know if you have any questions.